Candidates from developing countries and emerging economies can apply for a scholarship provided by DAAD for the Bonn International Graduate School for Development Research (BIGS-DR) program of the University of Bonn invites applications
University of Bonn BIGS-DR Doctoral Scholarship
The Bonn International Graduate School for Development Research (BIGS-DR) is the doctoral program at ZEF. BIGS-DR is part of a group of international graduate programs at the University of Bonn, a graduate framework that maintains the highest level of academic quality.
Applicants with a citizenship from a developing country or emerging economy can apply for a DAAD scholarship directly from ZEF.
University of Bonn BIGS-DR Doctoral Scholarship Eligibility
- A prerequisite for applying for this DAAD scholarship is having at least two years of relevant professional experience.
- Only applicants who have not lived in Germany yet or have been a resident in Germany for less than 15 months at the time of application can apply for this DAAD scholarship.
- When filling in the DAAD form, select “Scholarship for a postgraduate course with relevance to developing countries”.
- Please make sure that you send one copy of the DAAD scholarship form and one copy of the BIGS-DR application form to BIGS-DR. It is not necessary to send additional copies to DAAD.
Value of Award: The scholarship provides monthly allowance, living costs, study fees, health insurance, travel costs and German language courses for the whole course (24 months).
How to Apply for University of Bonn BIGS-DR Doctoral Scholarship
- You have to submit a DAAD application form which can be downloaded here, from the DAAD home page, the German embassies, or DAAD offices worldwide.
- Please see the list of required application documents.
For more information, visit the University of Bonn BIGS-DR Doctoral Scholarship.
Application Deadline: Deadlines vary