Applications are invited for the position of Administrative Assistant at the Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC).
The Uganda National Oil Company Limited (UNOC) was established under Section 42 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013 and incorporated under the Company’s Act 2012. It is a limited liability company wholly owned by the Government of Uganda. The overall function of UNOC is; “To handle the State’s Commercial interests in the Oil and Gas industry.”
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing and copying to staff
- Schedule and coordinate appointments, meeting and travel arrangements for the Department staff.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled Departmental reports.
- Assist in the developing and maintaining appropriate filing systems.
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails.
- Manage the Calendar of the Head of Department
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming correspondence to the Department, perform data entry and scan documents
- Answer and direct phone calls to the Department and provide general support to visitors.
- Requisition and maintain office supplies for the Department.
- Develop a structure and system to manage contacts and enquiries,
- Provide back up to the Front Office Administrator.
- Provide general office management and any other administrative support when required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Uganda National Oil Company Limited (UNOC) Department Administrative Assistant job placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree (Honours) in Social Sciences, Arts, Development Studies, Public Administration, Social Administration, Business Administration, Secretarial Management, Administrative Secretary or any relevant degree
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant, virtual assistant or office admin assistant.
- Working knowledge of office management systems, procedures and equipment.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook).
- Excellent organizational, planning, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a completed and signed applications form, download here, together with certified copies of academic certificates addressed and submitted in TRIPLICATE to the address below. The applications should be delivered through registered mail and courier will also be received. Applications must include a cover letter, application form and supporting documents.
Chief Executive Officer,
Uganda National Oil Company Ltd,
Room C406, 4th Floor Amber House, Plot 29/33 Kampala Road,
P.O. Box 36316, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 9th November 2018 by 17:00 Hrs