Rotary Clubs in Japan through the Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation is offering scholarships for overseas students to undertake undergraduate, masters and doctoral studies at Japanese university or graduate school.
Rotary Yoneyama Foundation Scholarships
The Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation awards scholarships to overseas students who aspire to study or conduct research in Japanese universities or graduate schools. Its scholarship fund is supported by the contributions of Rotarians throughout Japan. The Foundation is Japan’s largest private scholarship organization, both in terms of program scale and number of scholarships awarded.
Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship for applicants residing abroad is for international students scheduled to enroll in a Japanese University or Graduate School. Applicants have to find out and apply a Japanese university or graduate school by themselves before they apply for this scholarship. And they are requested to submit the copy of the application for admission for the university / graduated school.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility: The program’s eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Have already chosen the university or graduate school s/he will apply for
- Be in the process of applying for admission
- Be able to submit his/her letter of acceptance (an admission approval or a pre-arrival admission approval) under the schedule below.
- For April 2019 enrollment: Submit the letter of acceptance by the end of January 2020.
- For fall 2019 enrollment: Submit the letter of acceptance by the end of June 2020.
Eligible Field of Study: All courses offered by the Japanese University or Graduate School in Japan
Value of Scholarship:
- Undergraduates: 100,000 yen per month
- Masters students: 140,000 yen per month
- Doctoral students: 140,000 yen per month
Only for the first year of the scholarship, a supplemental of 400,000 yen is provided upon arrival in Japan.
Duration of Scholarship: for the period of study
How to Apply for Rotary Yoneyama Foundation Scholarships
Visit the Rotary Yoneyama Foundation Scholarships for more information.
Important Notes: Only for the first year of the scholarship, a supplemental of 400,000 yen is provided after arrival in Japan and attending an orientation. Yoneyama scholars are to arrive in Japan prior to the month of their admission. Irrespective of the reason, if they do not arrive in Japan by the month that their scholarship will begin to be paid, they will lose their eligibility.
Application Deadline: 15th December 2019 1:00P.M. Japan time for both April and Fall (September/October) 2020 Enrollment.