Poland is an eastern European country on the Baltic Sea known for its medieval architecture and Jewish heritage. Warsaw, the capital, has shopping and nightlife, plus the Warsaw Uprising Museum, honoring the city’s WWII-era resistance to German occupation. In the city of Kraków, 14th-century Wawel Castle rises above the medieval old town, home to Cloth Hall, a Renaissance trading post in Rynek Glówny (market square).
Every year, many people travel to Poland for different reasons either for tourist, work, study, or visit. Depending on the purpose of our travel to Poland , there are different types of visas that apply to the occasion.
So before applying for Poland Schengen visa, it is important to know the Poland Schengen visa requirements and which of the visa category that you are eligible for.
General Documents for Poland Schengen Visa Application
- Download the Polish Visa application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Poland Schengen Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- Travel medical insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Poland and the entire Schengen area.
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Poland and itinerary
- Flight air ticket reservation with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Poland
- Hotel Booking Reservation for the whole duration of the intended stay in Poland
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Means of subsistence – Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Poland
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- No-objection certificate from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- Leave approval letter from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
*Note: The signed application form must be accompanied the rest of the above-mentioned mandatory documents and handed personally at the appropriate embassy/consulate or its representative in your home country.
Apart from the general documentation required, accompanying should be other additional documents depending on the purpose of your Polish Visa application.
Additional Documents Required for the Most Frequent Purposes of the Poland Visa Application
Poland Tourist Schengen Visa:
- Invitation letter with the address and phone number from family member or sponsor – if applicable
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies
Poland Visa for Business Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the Polish company you will be visiting and their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel
- If there were previous trade relations between the two companies, proof of such events must be provided
- Business bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Memorandum and Article of Association in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies) Trade License (first issued and present renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents
- Regarding the applicant’s expenses during stay in the Schengen zone, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation.
Poland Visa for Medical Purposes:
- A local medical report
- A medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in Poland, confirming the date of your appointment as well as your medical situation
- Payment receipt of medical fees
Poland Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the above-mentioned authorities with details upon the nature of events or activities – purpose of visit , expense coverage
- Names of the applicants (crew members)
- Duration of stay
- Travel itinerary
Poland Visa for Members of Official Delegations:
- The official invitation copy
- Identity of applicant
- Purpose of journey (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)
- Duration of stay
- Place of accommodation
Poland Visa for Study, Training, Research, or other type of Internship Purposes:
- An enrollment certificate allowing attendance of courses
- Certificate of completion or courses attended
- Financial sustenance
Poland Visa For The Wife/Husband of a Polish citizen:
- Proof of Polish citizenship (ID card or consular card or certification of Polish nationality or naturalization order)
- Polish marriage certificate
- Polish family record book
Poland Airport Transit Visa:
- Visa or other type of entry permit in the transit country
- Copy of your valid visa for your final destination
Poland Visa for Under-Age Children:
- Proof of parent’s regular income (work contract with specified monthly income or a bank statement or business license)
- Notarized travel permission from parent (parental travel consent)
- If one parent lives in another country – their notarized parental travel consent
*Note: When applying at the Polish embassy/consulate in home country, the guardian or parent should accompany their under-age children.
Please consult with the Polish Embassy in your country for the updated Polish Visa requirements!