Petroleum Authority of Uganda Recruitment 2019/2020 | Applications is open for interested and suitably qualified applicants for the Petroleum Authority of Uganda Recruitment 2019/2020.
About Petroleum Authority of Uganda
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The PAU’s mandate is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practice for the petroleum industry.
Job Title: Records & Registry Officer
Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Summary: The Records & Registry Officer will manage the storage and movement of PAU records in order to facilitate safety, timely and easy access to records in the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze requests from users for transfer and determine the status of the records against standards.
- Issue out boxes for packing of records that are to be transferred to the Records Centre.
- Receive and Acknowledge receipt of records from the record users by making reconciliation between the details on the transfer list and actual records.
- Capture records received in the database and update whenever there is change in movement of that particular record.
- Conduct sensitizations and provide hands on assistance to staff on records management.
- Conduct compliance inspections on records management to enhance adherence to records management standards.
- Identify space, prepare location numbers and paste them on the transferred records.
- Update and file the transfer forms in the respective department box files.
- Prepare reports on records received in the Records Centre and submit to the supervisor.
- Analyze user requests for retrieval of records to determine the nature of records.
- Check through Records Centre database/ departmental transfer forms to confirm and retrieve the requested records.
- Update the status of borrowed files in the file tracking data base/ register.
- Prepare a list of all borrowed records and submit to the line supervisor for action.
- Receive and acknowledge receipt of borrowed files and reconcile the details
- in the file tracking database.
- Conduct a file census to account for files in the records center and update their status database.
- Prepare reports for the activities done and submit to the supervisor.
- Study transfer forms to determine the nature of records that need to be weeded out of the Records Centre.
- Compile lists of records that are to be weeded.
- Conduct actual weeding of records from the shelves and pack them in labeled gunny bags and attach the transfer lists.
- Compile lists of records to be disposed off and submit to the supervisor.
- Participate in the actual disposal of records to ensure adherence to procedures and guidelines by service providers.
- Prepare the disposal report and submit to the line supervisor for review.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Records & Registry Officer job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree (Hons) in either Library & Information Science, Records & Archives Management or Information & Office Management from an internationally recognized University / Institution.
- At least three (3) years’ working experience in records & registry management gained from a reputable organization.
- Post Graduate Qualification in Records Management or related field from an internationally recognized Institution.
- Proficiency in Electronic Records Management
- Good Knowledge of Records and Archives Act, Access to information act (2005), Records Management processes and procedures, Electronic transactions Act (2011) and ISO standards.
- Strong written and oral Communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to multi- task.
- Demonstrate high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Excellent analytical skills with close attention to detail.
- Good reporting writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
How to Apply for Petroleum Authority of Uganda Recruitment
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the link below.
- ONLY online applications will be considered.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
Petroleum Authority of Uganda Recruitment Deadline
Deadline for the submission of application form is 15th January 2019 by 11:59 pm.