Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates from developing countries for the 2019/2020 Maastricht University Global Health Scholarship to study in the Netherlands.
The UFL Elisabeth Strouven Scholarship offers €30,000. This allowance is a contribution towards your Master goals and includes costs of living, tuition fees, visas and insurance.
Maastricht University Global Health Scholarship
The Master in Global Health is an innovative, one-year English-language programme that addresses the complex relationships between health, healthcare, technology, international business, economic development, politics, the sociocultural environment and management on a global scale. Students and staff take part in both physical and virtual exchanges between the participating universities:
- Thammasat University in Bangkok, Thailand
- Manipal University in Manipal, India
- McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
During a two-week Learning Symposium, all Global Health students come together – [possibly] in a developing country – to exchange ideas and experiences and to lay the groundwork for future collaboration.
Eligibility for Maastricht University Global Health Scholarship
- The Elisabeth Strouven scholarship is open to talented young students registered for the the Master in Global Health at Maastricht University (September 2019).
- Successful candidates must meet all application requirements. Prospective candidates must hold a passport from an emerging country in South America, Africa or Asia and meet the requirements for obtaining a Dutch visa (MVV residence permit).
- We especially urge female candidates with a background in health sciences, healthcare policy, innovation and chronic care, to apply for this scholarship.
Eligible Countries: Emerging Countries in South America, Africa or Asia
Selection Criteria for Maastricht University Global Health Scholarship
Candidates will be ranked according to educational degree of excellence and experiences. The board of The Elisabeth Strouven Foundation will make the final decision. Applicants will be notified of the decision in writing.
Value of Award:
- The €30,000 scholarship is a contribution towards your costs of living, the costs of tuition fees, visas and insurance for a maximum period of 13 months.
- The scholarship starts and ends on the dates indicated in the award letter.
How to Apply for Maastricht University Global Health Scholarship
To apply for the scholarship, you need to apply for admissions to the Master in Global Health at Maastricht University. Once applicants have submitted their application via Studielink, they will receive a student ID number. This number is essential in order to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form. Applicants are then required to complete the application form and send it to Ms. Lori Mees at firstname.lastname@example.org. Together with the required documents (see form). The application deadline is 1 February 2019.
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage see link below) before applying
For more information, visit the Maastricht University Global Health Scholarship.
Application Deadline: 1st February 2019.