Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified African students for the 2019/2020 HEED-Africa Master’s Students Academic Mobility Scholarship application is now open.
HEED-Africa Master’s Students Academic Mobility Scholarship
Harmonization of Entrepreneurship Education Delivery in Africa (HEED-Africa) project is made up of a consortium of partner universities from Africa and Europe. The consortium comprises of Addis Ababa University, Coordinating Institution (Ethiopia), the University of Ghana (Ghana), Milpark Education (South Africa), Makerere University (Uganda), Kyambogo University (Uganda) and the University of Wolverhampton (United Kingdom). HEED-Africa strives to foster the development of student and staff academic exchange through systematic academic mobility flows framework in a joint study, researches, academic activities, and mobility agreements across five regional higher education institutions.
HEED-Africa Master’s Students Academic Mobility Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible for a scholarship, master students must comply with the following criteria set out below at the time of the application.
- 1. Be a national and resident in any of the eligible countries covered by the Programme.
- 2. Be registered or admitted in or having obtained a HEI degree or equivalent from:
- 3. For Target Group I: Be registered or admitted in or having obtained a HEI degree or equivalent from one of the HEIs included in the partnership as a partner.
- 4. For Target Group II: Be registered or admitted in or having obtained a HEI degree or equivalent from a HEI not included in the partnership as a partner but established in an eligible country.
- 5. Have sufficient knowledge of the language of the courses in the host countries.
- 6. Students can only benefit from one scholarship within the same project under the Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme-2017 regardless of the type of mobility or the funding project.
- 7. Students having benefited from scholarship(s) under the previous Intra-ACP Academic Mobility Scheme cannot receive scholarships under the Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme.
- 8. No mobility flows for student between institutions located within a single country of the partnership are eligible.
Value of Award
The scholarship will cover:
*Round-trip flight ticket and visa costs.
*Participation costs such as tuition fees, registration fees and service fees where applicable.
*Insurance coverage (including health, accident, travel, respectively).
*A settling-in allowance.
*A monthly subsistence allowance.
*A contribution towards the research costs associated with student mobility of 10 months or longer.
*Female master and doctoral scholarship holders will receive an additional allowance corresponding to one month’s subsistence per academic year, for mobility equal to or longer than two academic years.
How to Apply for HEED-Africa Master’s Students Academic Mobility Scholarship
To apply for this scholarship, go through the application requirements on the programme page.
For more information, visit the HEED-Africa Master’s Students Academic Mobility Scholarship.
Application Deadline: 15th June 2019