Applications for the Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2018 are now open. The Commonwealth Professional Fellowships are for mid-career professionals from low and middle income Commonwealth countries to spend between six weeks and three months at a UK host organisation working in their sector on a program of professional development.
Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Commonwealth Professional Fellowships provide talented and motivated professionals with the opportunity to enhance knowledge and skills in their given sector.
These Fellowships are offered under six development themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Commonwealth Professional Fellowships
Each fellowship provides
- Approved return airfare from the Fellow’s home country to the UK
- Stipend (living allowance) payable monthly (or pro rata) for the duration of the award at the rate of £1,656 per month, or £2,055 per month for those at organisations in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2018- 2019 levels). Exceptionally, depending on the programme arranged, a peripatetic living allowance may be payable. Further details if applicable will be given at the time of offer
- Arrival allowance of up to £931.10 at current rates, including an element for warm clothing and reimbursement of the visa application fee
- Flat rate contribution of £800 to the costs of the host organisation relating to the administration and support of the Fellow, setting up of appropriate meetings, any materials required, and incidental travel for the Fellow during the award (to be paid to the Host organization on receipt of an invoice)
- Fees of £2,000 will be agreed for awards under 2 months and up to a max of £3000 for awards of three months (to be paid to the Host organization on receipt of an invoice)
Commonwealth Professional Fellowships Eligibility
- Applicants must be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person;
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country;
- Have normally at least five years’ relevant work experience in a profession related to the subject of the application, by the proposed start of the fellowship;
- Be available to start your fellowship within prescribed dates as stated on the CSC website;
- Not have undertaken a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship in the last five years;
- Not be seeking to undertake an academic program of research or study in the UK. Academics are eligible to apply for the scheme, but only to undertake programs of academic management, not research or courses relevant to their research subject;
- You must be available to undertake the Fellowship during the dates set out by the Host organisation. All Fellowships must start between April 15, 2019 and June 17, 2019. You should check exact dates with the prospective Host.
How to Apply for Commonwealth Professional Fellowships
Candidates who have met the above criteria should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: December 3, 2018
For more information, visit Commonwealth Fellowship.